Network Engineer (Cisco Firewalls and VPN Expert)
Location : Perth
We are looking for Network Engineer for a Perth based contract.
Years of Experience – 08 to 12 years
• Extensive knowledge of Campus/Enterprise Data Centre, LAN & WAN technologies.
• Products - Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireles and FW All switches and routers for enterprise (including Nexus
• Design & build of VMWare NSX network, Cisco ACI network.
• Experience in DC build activities and working with multiple stakeholders
• Security configuration for VMWare NSX environment.
• Complex LAN and DC switching infrastructure with high availability, LAN QoS
• Designing solution architecture for networking and unified communications infrastructure based on Gigabit
Ethernet, L2/L3 Switching, STP, QoS, VLANs VTP, LAGP, PagP
• Configuration and Troubleshooting of Ethernet switches
• Awareness of Network Managing and Monitoring Tools: HP Open view (especially the Network Node
Manager), MRTG, What's Up Gold, Concord, Network Intelligence , Solar Winds Orion, Concord E-Health,
Cisco Works, Network Vantage, Cisco works WLSE, Ecoscope, Packet Capture
• Routing and QoS - All Routing protocols including policy routing and multi protocol environment, WAN Qos
engineering and implementation
• Wireless - Wireless LAN with secure access (guestnet)
• Provisioning of networking resources for different networking solutions and services
• Diagnose network problems and provide fixes, work-arounds
• Network Management - Design, implement and customize management system - Cisco works, MRTG.
Network Management with tools like Cisco Works, HP Openview, Big Brother, MRTG, Cisco DNA.
Should be CCNP/CCDP/CCIE certified.
Technologies: WAN, LAN, DC Networks, Wireless, Security
Vendors: Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed, F5, ARUBA, Checkpoint, PaloAlto
Products: Cisco Routers, WAAS, Nexus 7k/5k, Cisco Switches, Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 37xx,ACE, WLC, WCS, LWAPPs
WAN: IP Routing, Frame Relay, ATM, Multi Layer Switching, ACL’s, NAT, T1/E1, DS3/OC3
Routing: Cisco 4000 / 4500 / 6500 / 7200 routers, Protocols include RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MBGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, L3 VPN’s,
IPSec, VPNs, ACL’s, NAT, CoS
LAN/Switching: Cisco Catalyst 3500 / 3550 / 3700 / 3900 / 4000 / 6500 series switches, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.1q, ISL, Ether
Channel, Multicast, SNMP, VSS, VTP, STP, RSTP, HSRP/VRRP, vDC, vPC, VRF, FCoE, DHCP, Traffic Shaping, Voice over IP, Video /
Voice QoS (CBWFQ, LLQ)
SDN : Vmware NSX, Cisco ACI, SD-WAN
Cloud: Azure, AWS, Oracle cloud
Wireless: 802.1x, WPA/WPA2 and WEP with TKIP / AES
Load Balancing - Netscalers, F5 , Radware and Cisco
Scripting: Python, Perl, Powershell, Ansible, JASON
NMS / Analysis: Cisco works 5.0 / 2000, What’s up Gold, Sniffer Pro 4.5 / 4.6, Sniffer Reporter, Cisco DNA, Cisco
Zone IT Solutions is Australia based Recruitment company. We specialize in ERP and larger IT Services. We offer flexible, efficient and collaborative solutions to any organization that requires IT, experts. Our agile, agnostic and flexible solutions will help you source the IT Expertise you need. Our delivery Offices are in Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, and India. If you are looking for new opportunities your profile at Careers@zoneitsolutions.com or contact us at 0434189909
Also follow our LinkedIn page for new job opportunities and more.
Zone IT Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and our recruitment process focuses on essential skills and abilities. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.