There has been lot of talks, lot of excitement and lot of anticipation what this might mean for future of Mobile application and unification across On Premises and Cloud Solutions (particularly ones SAP acquired, well.. let’s say majority of SAP Cloud services ;-)). User interface “was” never a strong suit for SAP and arguably we had incremental less annoying technologies to look forward.
I wanted to cover Fiori journey in this two part post to share and highlight the SAP Fiori product journey and then covering off why this best time to get out of Woods and get a taste of Fiori.
Hope you enjoy reading and it helps in some way to broaden your understanding of SAP Fiori applications and how they are placed in SAP’s new UI strategy.
These represent continuous improvement and increasing focus on SAP Fiori solutions. SAP has promised a simple to use unified UI across their solution, it’s might be too early but seems we are taking steps in right direction. Here are some of SAP Fiori Journey milestone in chronological order.
- SAP has launched SAP Fiori, a collection of apps that are simple, easy-to-use and provide an intuitive user experience for broadly and frequently used SAP software functions, across a variety of devices — desktop, tablet, smartphone — to help easily get the job done.
- SAP Enhancement Package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 contains more than 750 business functions. The key new features are SAP Fiori, MRP runs, and data aging objects.
- SAP Fiori is now free. With a new mantra of “Run Simple,” SAP now has its sights set on eliminating the unruly “complexity sprawl” that has crept into the world’s IT and business processes. And as a sign of SAP’s commitment to helping customers run simple, McDermott also announced SAP Fiori is now free.
- Rapid-deployment solutions SAP today announced four new user experience (UX) rapid-deployment solutions that enable businesses to adopt the latest user UX innovations from SAP, including SAP Fiori and SAP Screen Personas software.
- Successfactors using Fiori Learn more about the new and modern design direction SuccessFactors is taking to help its customers increase employee
- *by Prashanth @SAP
- SAP launched SAP S/4HANA designed with SAP Fiori. The next-generation business suite to help enterprises Run Simple in the digital economy. Fully built on the advanced in-memory platformSAP HANA and designed with the SAP Fiori user experience (UX).
This should prepare you to start looking at Organizational SAP UI strategy and whether your new projects are aligned with direction from SAP.
Some of the questions you should start hearing is.. If you are ready Mobile applications? If you are thinking BYOD ? If your SAP team is FioriReady?
Welcome to the world of SAP Fiori, where possibilities are just a click away.